Surrey Heritage Showcase
Saturday 14 October, 10.30am – 2.30pm at Cranleigh Arts Centre 1 High Street, Cranleigh, GU6 8AS, free entry.
The Surrey Heritage Showcase is back! The year’s event will focus on Cranleigh and Ewhurst. This will be our sixth Heritage Showcase in the county which is a unique event that brings together not only the experts and amazing resources held at Surrey History Centre, but also local organisations and societies to showcase the heritage of the area, all for FREE!
Highlights for the day:
– Discover all there is to know about the work Surrey Heritage does,
from current projects to outreach activities.
– Displays from the County’s archive – showcasing documents, photographs, illustrations and more relating to the local area held at Surrey History Centre.
– Cranleigh Arts Centre in collaboration with local schools have produced a display to celebrate Cranleigh village through 3 themes, the village, it’s people and history.
– Family history advice and help with dating old photos.
– Find out more about our Heritage Lottery Funded World War One project ‘Surrey in the Great War: A County Remembers, and how to get involved.
– Surrey Heritage experts in conservation and archives will be offering FREE practical, professional advice on how to store and preserve your items. Books, letters, documents, maps, photographs are all welcome!
– Learn about Surrey’s 43 Museums and galleries.
– Free children’s activities including mini archaeology digs and arts and crafts fun.
– ‘Build the Perfect Village’ and get creative by making painted houses/shops/buildings to create an ‘ideal’ village model, somewhere where you may like to live in the future. The only limits would be the extent of your imagination. This will provide a lasting legacy artwork for the Centre.
– Cranleigh History Society
– Ewhurst History Society
– Cranleigh Village Hospital Trust
– British Legion
– St Nicolas Church
– Cranleigh & District U3A
– East Surrey Family History Society
– West Surrey Family History Society
– Surrey Archaeological Society
– Surrey Gardens Trust
– The Brooking National Collection
For more information visit: www.exploringsurreyspast.org.uk/showcase2017