Mane Chance Sanctuary in Compton needs your help this Christmas. Their popular Christmas events have had to be cancelled due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and they have a shortfall of £15,000 in their budget.
They have some wonderful virtual fundraising gifts and events that you can buy or take part in to help them. And it will give you that “feelgood factor” knowing you will help to keep their horses fed and the Sanctuary open to deliver their much needed community programme, which provides stability and well-being to vulnerable and disadvantaged people.
Please look at the ideas below and think about which you could purchase for family, friends, work colleagues or join yourself. All the information you need can be found on the website: www.manechancesanctuary.org/ChristmasAppeal
- A Personal video Message from Father Christmas. Imagine the excitement on your children’s faces when they get a video message from the great man himself just before Christmas! This will be a good alternative to visiting him in his traditional “Grotto” and each personal message will include all the special hopes and wishes of each child that you book for. This is just £15 per child. You can book here: Message from Santa
- A Virtual Gin Tasting with Pinkster Gin on 25th November. This will be hosted by our founder Jenny Seagrove, together with Ginmeister Stephen Marsh. At just £40 for a tasting kit which is sufficient for 2 people, you can enjoy a great night in with some delicious Gins. Book here: Gin Tasting
- A Christmas Day Virtual Balloon Race. It is only £3 per balloon and there is no limit to the number of balloons you can buy and there are some great prizes up for grabs! Buy here: Balloons
- Sponsor one of the horses. This makes a great gift and for just £2 per month you will receive a certificate, photo, and regular email updates, also a birthday card and you can visit your special horse at the Sanctuary on allocated days. Find out more here: Sponsorship
- Shop locally at our on-line shop. You will find lots of lovely gift ideas, our Christmas cards and 2021 calendars. Shop
Mane Chance Sanctuary was founded 9 years ago by actress Jenny Seagrove. She rescued abandoned and mistreated horses and ponies, giving them a home, a place to recover and time to rehabilitate. These wonderful animals then learnt to trust again and now give their support to vulnerable children and young adults helping them to build confidence, resilience, and self-belief, some much needed skills in these difficult times. Despite the restrictions of Covid-19 and lockdown, in line with Government guidelines and working alongside schools that remain open (as an educational establishment) Mane Chance Sanctuary can continue much of this vital work.
To learn more about the work of Mane Chance Sanctuary visit: www.manechancesanctuary.org