On Wednesday morning I met Russ and Tim at The Lost Boy in Farnham, for a cup of coffee and a very insightful chat.
Having worked for VantagePoint for nearly three years, I am very aware that networking is a vital part of local business. I was sat with Russ and Tim for over an hour and it was amazing to hear their story as well as how much they have achieved in such a small time of working together.
– Russ left his job as the Marketing Director for a London-based sustainability consultancy back in April 2018 to take the eap and go it alone as an independent marketing consultant for sustainability-focused businesses. He hasn’t looked back since and now runs a very successful business as Russ Avery Consulting Ltd.
– In January 2019, Russ set up LinkedIn Local Farnham, out of frustration at attending a local networking event which was cliquey and old fashioned, and which didn’t add any value at all. Fast forward 14 months or so, and LinkedIn Local Farnham is now Farnham’s fastest growing networking event, with a community of 130+ and growing. Events take place every month and are limited to 40 people on a first come, first served ticket basis.
– Russ met Tim back in January 2019 at that very first LinkedIn Local Farnham…
– Tim left his job as the Digital Design Lead for a Farnham-based creative communications agency in June 2019 to go it alone as an independent digital creative. Similar to Russ, he also hasn’t looked back since and had a great client roster within his first few months.
– Russ and Tim started working together informally from very early on, with Russ using Tim as a subcontractor to fulfill graphic design related projects for his clients.
Avery & Brown:
– The natural next step for us was to get together more formally and before long, Avery & Brown was born.
– Avery & Brown is a digital marketing and creative agency. We work with ambitious businesses to overcome their marketing challenges and help them exceed their growth objectives.
– Within a week of launching, we had already secured our first client and we replaced a much bigger, more established marketing agency who were providing an inferior level of service.
– After three months we now have 8 clients and we’re excited about where we’re headed.
– Russ & Tim are also the founders of Renewabilitee – a sustainable and ethical fashion label.
– Renewabilitee is just a side hustle, but we enjoy it and we’re looking forward to getting it back on track this year.
LinkedIn Local Farnham:
– As mentioned above, Russ set it up in Jan 2019 and Tim joined me as co-host from May 2019 onwards.
The Space Coworking:
– Russ and Tim are also two of the guys behind The Space Coworking – Farnham’s premier sustainable coworking office in the centre of town.
– The Space opened in December 2019 and is gradually acquiring members who are all looking for a light, airy, modern office space from which to work, whether it’s to get out of the house, or work from one day a week when they otherwise commute up to London.
To find out more please have a look;
Avery & Brown website: https://www.averyandbrown.com/
Avery & Brown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/averyandbrown/
Russ Avery website: https://russavery.com/
Tim Brown website: https://www.timbrown.work/
LinkedIn Local Farnham website: https://www.linkedinlocalfarnham.com/
The Space website: https://www.thespacecoworking.com/
I am so excited to see how these two progress, and I am very excited to work alongside them.