Sadly a number of events have had to be postponed due to Coronavirus. Here are those that we know about so far, with the latest cancellations that we have been told about first…
- Free Croquet Taster Sessions, Guildford and Godalming Croquet Club
- Loseley Spring Garden Show – another event will replace this later in the year
- Guildford Rambling Club meetings
- All Saints Spring Fayre, Grayswood – a Summer Fayre is planned (with luck!)
- The Guildford and South Surrey Branch of Parkinson’s UK monthly meetings are cancelled
- Capel Choral Society has taken the painful decision to cancel further rehearsal meetings until the Autumn, due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
This has also been prompted by the postponement of next month’s Leith Hill Musical Festival and the closure of the Dorking Halls. It is hoped that it will be possible to hold the Festival in September, provided the threat posed by the Virus has receded. The current restrictions have also brought about the cancellation of Capel Choral’s summer concert, planned for the 27th June. All being well, the Choir will resume rehearsals on the 7th September, initially for the Festival, but then learning music for its Christmas concert.
- The Petworth Park Antiques & Fine Art Fair – rescheduled from 15 – 17 May to the new dates of 11 – 13 September 2020
- The Arts Society Guildford Wey Valley
- Surrey Churches Preservation Trust’s 22 April 2020 talk about El Camino de Santiago has been POSTPONED until Wednesday 23 September 2020, the same time and same venue
- Investec International Music Festival
- Mole Valley Easter Holiday Activities
- The Meath’s Alice in Wonderland Afternoon Tea – New Date Thursday 1st October 2020
- The Meath’s Bringing the House Down – Concert at Glyndebourne – New Date Sunday 11th April 2021
- The Meath’s James Bond – No Time To Die Private Screening on Release Day – New Date Thursday 12th November 2020
- Guildford Shakespeare Company April events
- Craft in Focus at Wisley
- AppArt at Priorsfield School
- The Bolt in aid of GUTS
- Guildford and Woking Humanists April meeting
Anyone interested is encouraged to check Meet-up, Facebook, or our website, or contact David Simmonds on 01483 800397 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Shepherd`s Rest Café in The Sands Church , Tuesdays 12 noon to 2.30pm.
Unfortunately we have to temporally close The Café due to the coronavirus disease but we will re-open as soon as possible and keep you informed. For any enquiries contact email@example.com or call 01252 782873.
- Petworth Festival launch event
It will probably come as no surprise that our festival launch event for Sponsors, Patrons and Friends on 16 April is cancelled and that priority booking will not begin on 17 April as previously advised. We still hope to be able to run what is a wonderful summer festival in prospect, but we will advise on our plans and contingencies as soon as we are able.
- The Arts Society Farnham Evening
Due to the continuing outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and bearing in the mind current Government advice with regard to minimising non-essential social contact, we have suspended all lectures for the foreseeable future. For further details see theartssocietyfarnhamevening.org.uk
- Frensham and Dockenfield Horticultural Society Spring Show
- Godalming Chamber of Commerce March Lunch Club
- Godalming Spring Festival
- Chiddingfold – The Gigantic Jumble on Saturday 21st March and the Quintessentially English Spring Sale on Saturday 25th April
- Oddfellows Hall events, Dorking
- Historical Association, West Surrey Branch talks
- The Arts Society Horsley
- Haslemere Museum
- The Clockhouse Milford is closed and all immediate events cancelled
- Holy Trinity Church Bramley concerts have been postponed
- League of Friends of Haslemere Hospital AGM has been postponed
- Dorking Halls has closed until Monday 20th April, tba
- Wey & Arun Canal Boat Trips have been suspended
- The Williams Club (for the blind in Farnham) which is held on the first Monday of each month, is cancelled until the end of August
- Godalming Band concerts and quiz
We will continue to update on our website and on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/VantagePointMagazine. Please FOLLOW and LIKE us to keep up-do-date.
We also plan to send out our enewsletter every week during this time with updates from our customers and others, so please subscribe HERE now!