Summer at Brooklands is bound to be a scorcher with the return of its famous events, live and interactive demonstrations, and a brand-new attraction for 2021
• On 26th July, Brooklands Museum opened its new ‘Driven by Design’ exhibition exploring the fascinating world of supercar design in collaboration with McLaren Automotive. McLaren: Driving Design features two stunning supercars; the McLaren Senna GTR concept car and prototype car, alongside an incredible full scale LEGO model of the McLaren 720S. Discover the people behind the cars and learn how technology developed at Brooklands put McLaren in pole-position to become a global race and automotive brand.
• Uncover the secrets and lesser-known facts of Brooklands with a new discovery trail that takes you on a journey through the outside spaces around the race track, aircraft park and historic buildings.
• Experience the action with a Vintage Car Ride experience, where you can take a passenger ride along the famous Test Hill and banked race circuit.
• As well as all the other fantastic indoor areas you can explore, don’t miss a look around the Grand Prix Exhibition, which charts the timeline of the British Grand Prix from its origin at Brooklands in 1926, to the latest in design and technology with the Mercedes EQ Silver Arrow 01 replica electric race car.
• Fans of the Museum’s very own T.V series Secrets of the Transport Museum will be able to meet the stars of the episodes as we rev-up the engines and take our favourite cars and motorbikes out to the track and give them a spin.
• Jump aboard one of the Vintage buses and take a relaxing ride out and around Brooklands, or go supersonic on a Concorde Tour. (Both activities subject to additional charge and pre-booking).
• The famous events programme is back for 2021, kicking off with a car-boot sale with a difference at Members Autojumble and Classic Car Show (1st August). Shop the retro and pre-loved items for sale, with live entertainment and a classic car show as your backdrop.
• Relive 95 years of Grand Prix at Brooklands Relived (7th August), with a race car from every decade since the first British Grand Prix was held at Brooklands in 1926. Motorcycle Day (15th August) brings you motorcycles from all decades with live demonstrations and a display of Movie Bikes, featured in James Bond, Mission Impossible, Great Escape and more.
• See the entire Brooklands site covered with vehicles from the last 120 years at the Classic Summer Gathering (22nd August), before driving down route 66, as American Car Day (5th September) makes its return –stars and stripes and a whole more.
• And a day that every child (and adult) love, is the Emergency Services Day (26th September). Say thank you to some of the heroes of our country and get up close to traditional and modern-day fire engines, police cars and meet Marshall from Paw Patrol!
Whilst being popularly known as a transport museum, Brooklands offers so much more with its rich history and attractions for all. The 32-acre site is home to British motorsport and aviation, where so many speed and flight achievements are recorded. Walk along the World’s first race circuit and go inside the workshops where Brooklands’ engineers built over 18,000 aircraft, including Wellington Bombers, Hurricanes and even Concorde. Wander through the motoring village and see the cars the set speed records and paved the way for Formula 1 in the Grand Prix Exhibition.
The Sunbeam café offers a full range of hot and cold refreshments, and you can pre-order one of our lunch hampers, or bring your own picnic to enjoy outside in one of our many relaxation spaces.
The Museum is open 10am-5pm everyday from 21st July- 5th September, is easily reached by train, or by car, and parking is free. Family tickets are available from £26.25 and can be pre-booked online, along with the Concorde Tours.
Brooklands Museum, Weybridge has received the ‘Good to Go’ COVID-19 industry standard and consumer mark. Visitors must wear a face covering when indoors spaces.
For more information, please visit: www.brooklandsmuseum.com