Butterfly Walks at Polesden Lacey, Hatchlands Park and Rivery Way, Godalming Navigation
- With their beautiful colours and graceful, darting movement, it’s easy to see why they’re perhaps Britain’s best-loved insect. This Summer why not take a stroll through the parklands at Polesden Lacey and Hatchlands park, or wander along the River Wey towpath and see how many butterflies you can spot?
- Discover fascinating facts about the butterflies you’ll find at Hatchlands and the River Wey with our Butterfly spotting sheets.
- Hatchlands Park butterfly trail: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hatchlands-park/features/may-half-term-butterfly-trail-at-hatchlands-park
- River Wey butterfly walk: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/river-wey-and-godalming-navigations-and-dapdune-wharf/features/wey-butterflies
- Polesden Lacey has launched a new self-led Butterfly walk. This modestly strenuous walk is perfect for walkers of any age and skill level. It takes approximately an hour and a half and sturdy footwear is recommended. There’s no additional charge for this walk; look for the map at the entrance to Polesden Lacey or download the route from the website before you visit. Normal admission applies.
- Please book your visit to Polesden Lacey and Hatchlands Park if you’re planning to visit on a public holiday, at the weekend, or during the school holidays.
The Polesden Games
- Date: 10th July – 1st September
- Challenge friends to a round of frisbee golf, take on your family at the sack race, or prove once and for all that you are the champion at ping pong. Just don’t forget to record your win with a photo on the podium! Normal admission applies.
Outdoor theatre: A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Polesden Lacey
- Date: 26th and 27th June, 3rd and 4th July, 2.30pm
- Join Polesden Lacey Shakespeare for a fun production with a fantastic cast. Set in the Regency period (…think Jane Austen), although these fairies are far, far more ancient and very much part of the land itself. Just remember to bring a chair, a blanket and get comfortable before showtime.
Please book your tickets in advance. www.dorkinghalls.co.uk/event-detail/?id=222602AVPDMNGHQRMHBBPNSNDRNCGGJSC
Pop-up Shakespeare at Poleseden Lacey
- Date: 14th and 21st August, 1.30pm
- Join us for scenes from some of the bard’s most celebrated plays, enacted by The Cat’s Grin Theatre Company, throughout the gardens. There’s no extra charge to see pop-up Shakespeare but normal admission applies.
Please book your visit to Polesden Lacey if you’re planning to visit on a public holiday, at the weekend, or during the school holidays. Visit the website to book: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/polesden-lacey
Lazy Jazz on the South Lawn at Polesden Lacey
- Date: Every Sunday from 6th June to 12th Sept, 2pm -4pm
- Lazy jazz Sundays are making a welcome return to Polesden Lacey this summer. What better way to spend an afternoon than to relax in the summer sun to the sound of jazz drifting from the terrace with majestic views of the Surrey hills. We’ve selected some of the finest performers from the local area to bring you a range of jazz music to enjoy whilst you relax on the lawn. Bring friends and a picnic and you’ve got the recipe for a great day out. There’s no additional charge for this event, just remember to book a visit. Normal admission applies.
Visit the website to book your visit to Polesden Lacey: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/polesden-lacey
Cinema under the stars at Polesden Lacey
- Date: 5th-8th August
- Enjoy a unique cinematic experience at Polesden Lacey this summer as Summer Screens shows four fabulous films in the gardens over four evenings. Bring a picnic or choose from the menu at the Summer Screens bar and settle down to watch Pretty Women, Les Miserables, The Greatest Showmen, and the new release In the Heights. Picnic pitches with space for a blanket and hamper can be reserved or, for some extra luxe, a deck chair, and gazebo package are available.
- General entry from £15 per person and £10.50 for under 16s.
Visit the website for more information: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/polesden-lacey/features/outdoor-cinema-at-polesden-lacey-this-summer
Summer Family Theatre at Hatchlands Park
- Dates: Tuesday, 27th July, 6pm – 8pm – The Three Musketeers
Sunday, 1st August, 7pm – 9.15pm – Macbeth
Wednesday, 18th August, 6pm – 8pm – The Jungle Book
- Join Immersion Theatre and The Lord Chamberlain’s Men for a summer of theatre at Hatchlands Park. Enjoy a series of outdoor plays on the lawn in front of the mansion. With Shakespeare’s Scottish play, an evening spent in the jungle with Mowgli and Baloo or a wild evening in the company of the Musketeers, you’ll find an event for all ages. So, grab your lawn chairs and head out for some drama at dusk.
For tickets and information, please visit the website: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hatchlands-park/lists/summer-theatre-in-2021-at-hatchlands-park
River Wey Navigations and Dapdune Wharf
- Recently reopened, Dapdune Wharf is very happy to be welcoming visitors again. There’s no need to book and no admission fee (although non-National Trust members would need to pay for parking at Dapdune Wharf). Why not grab a butterfly spotter sheet and go and explore the waterway or enjoy a stroll around the island at Dapdune Wharf? The tearoom is open and serving a range of delicious snacks and hot and cold drinks.
You can also book boat trips and paddleboarding – visit the website to book: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/river-wey-and-godalming-navigations-and-dapdune-wharf
Puffing-a-Wey at River Wey Navigations and Dupdune Wharf
- Date: 10th July, 11am – 4pm
- Come and soak up the atmosphere as the Steam Boat Association of Great Britain comes to Dapdune Wharf to show off their magnificent steam powered craft. Smell that Welsh coal! Smile at yourself in the gleaming brass and jump a mile at a toot of their whistles.
Woking Photographic Society summer exhibition at Dapdune Wharf
- Date: 31st July – 28 August
- Woking Photographic Society presents a selection of their members’ finest images from the 2020/2021 season. Photographs covering all genres & styles of photography will be on display in the Barge Building Shed throughout August from the members of one of the leading camera clubs in Surrey. You can vote for your favourite.
Wey River Festival at Dapdune Wharf
- Sat 18th Sept, from 11am
- We welcome boaters and visitors alike to celebrate everything that is great about the river. They’ll be plenty to do with children’s crafts, Surrey Wood Turners and a host of foodie and activity stands to explore. The illuminated pageant at dusk is the highlight of the day lighting up the river from the centre of Guildford. Admission is free but there will be no parking at Dapdune for this event.