Farnham Art Society is one of the largest and most successful in England, with around 400 members, many of whom are professional artists. This makes for a very high standard at our exhibitions.
Currently they are redeveloping the profile of the Society. The first step in this is an investment in a completely new and comprehensive website which will hold all the information about the society in both public and members areas.
Some of the main features are:
• It will be the central reference point for all aspects of the Society’s activities.
• All queries via the site can be handled by the committee quickly and efficiently.
• It will include all forms such as membership forms; exhibition forms; exhibiting status forms.
• There will be a forum for thoughts, activities, questions and suggestions.
• All payments will go through the website, making them ready for the rapid changes in banking methods that are in progress and offering members much more convenient and secure transactions.
• There will be our events calendar for easy reference.
• The regular newsletter will be posted there and back issues will be available on line.
The aim is to facilitate easier communication among the membership, generating new ideas to further develop the society and allow it to play a large part in the development of the visual arts in our area, meeting the challenge of stimulating new developments in the arts both locally and nationally.
They are actively expanding their event programme with a series of lectures and practical demonstrations covering a wide spectrum in terms of different approaches to subject matter and content as well as in depth looks at particular media and new practices.
They are also planning to re-instate the Salvin Event. This bequest funds an annual event dedicated to raising the profile of art in this area by mounting a quality event, open to the public, with highly regarded speakers and art practitioners taking part. It is currently in planning and when finalised, all details will be posted on the website.
Many of their members have been elected to prestigious national institutions and Royal societies, winning awards and exhibiting at high profile exhibitions. Additionally, many members are involved in tutoring throughout southern England on a regular basis, passing on their skills and insights while encouraging active participation in art to an ever increasing section of the public.
Farnham Art Society provides opportunities for sponsor partnerships where a mutual association will prove beneficial. Enquiries are therefore welcomed which could be for the support of specific items or events, or for general investment in developing our future activities.
Finally, they are delighted to receive all membership enquiries regardless of your artisitic experience – complete beginner to seasoned pro!
Please visit www.farnhamartsociety.org or email email@example.com for more information.