Chicken Caesar Salad Cups
These cute Little Gem lettuce cups make perfect bite sized scoops for a delicious cheat’s version of the classic Caesar salad.
3 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 clove garlic, crushed, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 20g parmesan, finely grated plus a little extra for decoration, 4 radishes, cut into wedges, 3 spring onions cut into strips, 1 ready-roasted chicken breast, shredded, 2 Little Gem lettuces.
Serves 6 as a starter or more as a canapé.
1. In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, garlic, mustard and parmesan and beat well.
2. Add the radish, most of the spring onion and shredded chicken breast to the bowl and stir well so everything is coated.
3. Separate the leaves of the Little Gem lettuce and lay out on a platter. Spoon a little of the chicken mix into each lettuce leaf and top with the extra parmesan and left over spring onion.
Recipe from www.lovethecrunch.com
Roasted Tomato, Basil and Parmesan Quiche
Quiche is a summertime favourite, served at parties, BBQ’s and as a light supper. This recipe uses the finest cheese and milk from Goodwood estate, Rookery Farm organic eggs and lovely fresh organic tomatoes. We used large tomatoes but cherry tomatoes work well too.
1 tbsp olive oil; 1 onion, finely sliced; 2 large tomatoes, sliced thinly or 300g cherry tomatoes; 3 eggs, beaten; 125ml milk; 2 tbsp parmesan, grated; 125g strong cheddar; 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped.
280g plain flour; 140g salted butter, cubed; water to bind.
1. Start by making the pastry. Put the flour and butter in a processor and combine until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Slowly add a tablespoon of water at a time until it all comes together into a ball.
2. Roll into a round to line a 25cm flan tin, prick the base and line with parchment and baking beans. Bake blind for 10-15 mins, then remove the baking beans and parchment and return to the oven for another 5-10 mins (it should be slightly browned).
3. Preheat oven 200c/180c fan/gas 6. Grease a baking tray with olive oil and lay on the tomato and onions slices. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and roast in the oven for 15-20 mins.
Pimm’s Ice Lollies
Mix up your Pimm’s consumption by making these fun ice lollies, you can guarantee they will impress guests!
300g strawberries and raspberries, leaves from 1 stem of mint, 50g icing sugar, 100ml Pimm’s, 200ml lemonade. To decorate: 4 slices cucumber, quartered, 4 strawberries, sliced.
Makes 8 lollies depending on the size of your lolly moulds
1. Put the strawberries, mint leaves and sugar into a blender and whizz until smooth. Pour through a fine sieve to remove the seeds.
2. Combine the berry mixture with the Pimm’s and lemonade and stir well. Put the cucumber and strawberry slices into the lolly moulds and pour in the liquid. Freeze for 4 hours or until solid.
Recipe from www.berryworld.com