It was with great excitement we announced the opening of our new Guildford Office at the beginning of January. When we first established Watson Thomas in 2013, we could only hope that others would share in our vision of a modern family law firm, which strives to offer a clear way forward for those unfortunate enough to find themselves locked in a dispute with another. Whether this is divorce, separation or a dispute about the children, we understand that when faced with uncertainty and conflict, you need a clarity, expertise and compassion.
It was from this vision that our strap-line “a clear approach to family law” grew and this remains at the heart of our working practices today.
Our aim throughout the firm is to offer clients clarity and certainty from the moment they contact us. So how does this aim materialise in practical terms……
- We offer free initial appointments to suit you, not us. We know that you have busy lives juggling work and children and that your free time is not always in working hours. We can see you before or after work, or we can conduct the initial appointment on the telephone or by Skype.
- We don’t place time restrictions on our initial appointments or charge for them. You need to be sure that you feel comfortable with the person representing you and that you can work together. This may take 30 minutes, or it could take two hours.
- Our team are all chosen for their commitment to delivering a high standard of service to our clients. No job is too big or small and any member of the team is happy to help at any time. We work as a team, ensuring that if one member is out of the office, another can answer your query, or progress your case in their absence.
- The advice we provide is proactive. We work with you to ensure that we adopt the approach you want, whilst providing you with clear advice as to your responses, the law and the processes involved.
- We are reactive. We ensure that we always have the capacity to respond to your telephone query or email immediately. We won’t keep you waiting, wondering what is happening with your case and ensure that you always know exactly what is happening and what to expect.
- Clarity of costs play a large part in our clear structure. We don’t provide “estimates” we provide fixed or capped fees. This means that you remain in control of your costs and not us.
- Our offices are modern and neat. Our clear desk policy and strict working practices mean that we remain organised and structured in our work. No missed deadlines, lost paperwork or breaching client confidentiality.
We offer a wide range of services at Watson Thomas, not just limited to family law. We have a private client department who offers the same excellent service for Wills, LPAs, Estate Administration, Trust Planning and Care for the Elderly.