Surrey Hills Enterprises is a not-for-profit organisation which runs local and popular events and brings together organisations, independent companies and artisans based within the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) via a membership scheme.
Their vision is to promote the Surrey Hills as a national asset for the benefit of local businesses in order to enhance the community and conserve its unique heritage.
The events that Surrey Hills Enterprises put on include the National Wood Fuel Conference and the Surrey Hills Wood Fair which attracts increasing visitor numbers each October.
Their next event is the annual Surrey Hills Sculpture Garden at Birtley House near Bramley and the exciting CowParade Surrey, for which VantagePoint is a Media Partner.
Established over three years ago, Surrey Hills Enterprises aims to raise awareness of local businesses under the ‘Surrey Hills’ banner with the aim of developing the Surrey Hills brand which appeals to discerning customers who are increasingly concerned with the provenance of goods and the authenticity of trades and crafts they buy.
All members benefit from increased awareness of their business through an on-line directory, use of the Surrey Hills trademark, a high level events and networking programme, PR and social media.
With its rich heritage of wooded slopes and rolling grassland, the Surrey Hills has provided inspiration to some of the country’s greatest artists and writers.
Dame Penelope Keith, Patron, Surrey Hills AONB
All profits made by Surrey Hills Enterprises, a Community Interest Company, are put back into the Surrey Hills through a series of projects which enhance, protect and preserve the landscape, promote the rural economy, educate visitors, residents and businesses and promote partnership.
They are proud of the diverse produce, crafts, activities and places to stay that bring life to the Surrey Hills landscape and there are some outstanding businesses featured in the Surrey Hills Enterprises directory.
From fantastic local pubs serving up the highest quality local food like the Parrot Inn in Forest Green, The Wheatsheaf in Farnham, The Stag on the River in Eashing, Stephan Langton in Friday Street to the quintessential English Tillings Tea Room & Corner House Cafe. They’ve also got producers and suppliers galore from Sweet Jenny’s Honey to Albury Organic Vineyard, Denbies Wine Estate and Silent Pool Gin to mention just a few.
They also now have VantagePoint as we have just joined! Take a look for yourself to experience the very best of the Surrey Hills.
Benefits of being a member of Surrey Hills Enterprises
• Use of the Surrey Hills logo under licence on product packaging and promotional material.
• Entry into the members’ web directory and a dedicated website page on the Surrey Hills Enterprises website with content controlled by members themselves.
• PR and marketing opportunities under the ‘Surrey Hills’ banner.
• Access to the established Surrey Hills social media network (Twitter and Facebook).
• The opportunity to feature as ‘Member of the Month’ on the Surrey Hills website and social media network.
• Cross-promotional marketing with other Surrey Hills Enterprises businesses.
• Invitations to networking and training events.
• Discounted entry and exhibition space at major Surrey Hills Enterprises events such as The Wood Fair and The National Wood Fuel Conference, CowParade Surrey events and the Surrey Hills Food, Drink and Music Festival.
• Access to member services at preferential rates including legal/financial advice and surveying.
• Support with funding applications.
• Membership offers, discounts and promotion.
To become a member of Surrey Hills Enterprises you need to be:
• A producer, activity provider or a supplier of locally sourced products or services in the Trading Standards defined Surrey Hills Boundary.
• Running your business sustainably and following ethical & legal employment and trading practices.
• Be passionate about the Surrey Hills.
• Strive to ensure that your products are of the highest quality and produced with care and commitment to reflect the image of the Surrey Hills.
Membership rates are very reasonable, from as little as £17 per month depending on the size of your businesses.