Georgian Surrey – the age of enlightenment
Saturday 30 March, 2pm – 3.30pm
- Surrey Local History Committee, a Committee of Surrey Archaeological Society presents: Georgian Surrey– the age of enlightenment:
- 9.30 Registration
- 9.55 Chairman’s introductory remarks
- 10.00 Catherine Ferguson (University of Roehampton)
- 10.20 Hilary Ely (Trustee of the Cranston Library)
- 10.50 Coffee and tea
- 11.20 David Brookes (Bourne Hall Museum)
Epsom as a Spa Town
- 11.55 Cherrill Sands (Garden Historian for Painshill Park Trust)
Painshill Landscape Garden
- 12.30 Lunch
- 1.30 Carol Garrard (Surrey History Centre)
- 2.05 Speaker to be confirmed
- 2.40 Tea
- 3.10 Presentation of the Gravett Award
- 3.15 Mary Alexander and Catherine Ferguson
18th century changes in two Guildford churches: Holy Trinity and St Nicholas
- 3.55 Chairman’s closing remarks and close
- Morning and afternoon refreshments are included. Please make your own
arrangements for lunch. It is recommended to bring a packed lunch as there are no cafes near the Surrey History Centre.
- Surrey History Centre, 130 Goldsworth Road, Woking, GU21 6ND.
- Tickets £15.00 and are available to book online at Surrey Archaeological Society with Paypal.